Wednesday, December 21, 2011

subterfuge \SUB-ter-fyooj\ noun

It's true.  I've now admitted it to someone besides myself.  I view my Merriam-Webster Word of the Day e-mails as the definition of what my day will be.

After waking, I usually scroll quickly through the e-mails on my phone.  And I see it: my Word of the Day.  And before I can stop myself, I think, 'What does this day have in store?'

Tuesday, 12/20/11: subterfuge.  So many delicious possibilities... do I hide, mask, conceal?  And what do I evade, escape, or deceive exactly??  Then I spend my day subconsciously, (or sometimes, actively and fully aware), looking for opportunities for sneaky subterfuge... and it usually presents itself.

Example: Utilizing skillful subterfuge, Ashton was able to steal his laptop away and hide it in the top dresser drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment